In this article, we will look at the Custom EQ feature in the SoundID app which allows you to tweak your SoundID profile to match your personal preferences.
In this article:
- SoundID Custom EQ feature
- Basic EQ feature
- Advanced Parametric EQ feature
- Studio Reference (flat)
SoundID Custom EQ feature
SoundID Custom EQ feature allows users to improve their SoundID Experience even further. The adjustments can be done to the Preference Test results or you can create your unique experience from zero. The Custom EQ will save your presets, you can rename them to every occasion and craft your unique signature experience with the Basic EQ and Advanced Parametric EQ feature.
Basic EQ feature
Looking to make a quick adjustment to your custom EQ preset? Now, you're able to make adjustments on the fly to Bass and Treble without the need to deep dive into EQ customization. The changes you're making will be shown in real-time on the Frequency Response view.
To preview your changes simply use our Demo player.
Advanced Parametric EQ feature
If the Basic EQ is not enough, you can always access Advanced Parametric EQ. This feature will provide you with more accuracy, precision, and additional options to create your unique experience. Add points to tweak to make your changes to specific frequency range, adjust gain, Q value, and more.
Main adjustment screen
Your custom preset editing starts with your existing SoundID Preference Test result. That sound curve can be adjusted in multiple ways to create a manual preset of your desire. You can:
- Add up to 10 EQ points
- For each point adjust separately frequency, gain, Q, and filter type parameters
- Use the Demo player to hear the adjustments
Once done, tap on Save if you wish to rename the Custom preference, tap on three vertical dots to access additional options, and tap Rename.
Continue to tweak your presets
Once you've created custom presets, you can always return to create new or edit existing ones.
- Tap on the preset you wish to edit and select the Edit preset option
- From the EQ customization screen tap on three vertical dots to access more options (located at the left from your preference name)
- You can add/remove points to customize your preset even further
Additional options allow you to discard, rename, reset to original preference, reset to flat, cancel.
Studio Reference (flat)
For anyone looking to apply FLAT preset only, now the option is only a few taps away!
- From My SoundID view
- Tap on the Custom EQ option
- Select Studio Reference (flat) preset
- Tap the back arrow (top-left corner) to return to My SoundID screen